Investments in the expansion of agriculture across Kauaʻi, including:
- Financial support totaling $3.6M from County GIA and CARES for Agricultural Focused projects.
- Financial support for the Kīlauea Ag Park totaling $968,500.
- Dedication of a portion of the “Waimea 400” to local Ag production.
- Reinstituted the agricultureifocused position in the Office of Economic Development.
- Reestablished the Ag Summer Internship Program, and expanded charter schools and community ag programs.
- Culled half of the Rose Ringed Parakeet population.
- Implementing Ag portion of the Waimea 400 Community Plan.
- Expand Food Certification Program for farmers.
- Complete Kaua‘i Agriculture Economic Development Plan.
- Complete market feasibility study on cattle.
- Coordinate emergency food access and distribution plan.
- Pilot Sunshine Market “Experience” events.
- Improve technology option availability for Ag producers.
- Start an annual Agriculture Food and Beverage Expo on Kauaʻi.
- Promote local food production for local consumption. Advocating state agencies to ensure irrigation water is available for Ag.
We stay true to our driving vision: “Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future,” and remain focused on our core RISE initiative goals: Responsive Service; Integrity; Solidarity; and Excellence.