Digital Equity & Reducing the Cost of Government
Implemented new Information Technology (IT) to better serve residents and improve productivity in County operations, including:
- Free public Wi-fi at community centers across the island and on Kauaʻi buses
- Appointment queuing system implemented at the DMV to improve efficiencies and reduce wait times.
- DMV kiosks at Safeways, Princeville Foodland, and Ishihara Market
- Upgrades to Microsoft Mteams for virtual meeting and Office 365.
Expand the adoption of IT to improve County operations and efficiency, including:
- Modernizing the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) to eliminate manual shift scheduling and paper timesheets
- Implementing a mobile app for the Kauaʻi bus
- Overhauling and updating the County Website to make it easier to navigate and more responsive to public interests.
- Expand and improve the Land Information Management System (LIMS); improving information available on-line including forms for Real Property Assessment, Planning, Parks, Transportation, Wastewater, Buildings and Engineering.
We stay true to our driving vision: “Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future,” and remain focused on our core RISE initiative goals: Responsive Service; Integrity; Solidarity; and Excellence.