Energy & Environment
Recognized and adopted consideration of energy and environmental issues in the County’s daily business, including:
- Addressed Climate Change, Sea Level Rise, and Cultural Resource Protection in the award-winning West Kauaʻi Community Plan.
- Extended life of Kekaha Landfill by 3-to-5 years.
- Implemented a new policy banning government funds for purchase of disposable plastics.
- Executed a new ordinance restricting polystyrene foam food service containers.
- Waste management technologies that minimize the need for landfills and emphasize waste conversion and recycling.
- Infrastructure expansions (e.g., waste water treatment).
We stay true to our driving vision: “Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future,” and remain focused on our core RISE initiative goals: Responsive Service; Integrity; Solidarity; and Excellence.