Completed intitiative to relieve traffice, including:
- Flexible work schedule for County employees
- Partnered with HLTA on a shuttle system for visitors, and promoting the use of shared transportation over individual rental cars
- Completed roundabout in Poʻipū and broke ground on the “Peanutabout” in Kapaʻa
- Leveraged priorities for state-funded highway projects on Kauaʻi.
- Secured Council approval for traffic calming ordinance for county roads.
- “One-Day” and “Half-Priced” Kauaʻi Bus passes.
- Rice Street and Eiwa Street bus stops with improvements.
The County will focus practical infrastructure projects that can be practically implement on a timely basis, including:
- Refine the County Bus System to provide more routes and increased services during critical times
- Expand the deployment of more roundabouts
- Modernize the Kauaʻi Bus baseyard to reflect greater demand
- Implement walkable communities with safe walking and biking zones within our urban town cores, and in particular along those routes to and from schools.
We stay true to our driving vision: “Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future,” and remain focused on our core RISE initiative goals: Responsive Service; Integrity; Solidarity; and Excellence.